Tuesday, July 1, 2008

To Our Friends and Family

We will get home late wed, or early thurs. am. Please remember that June is in transition. She is not a happy, playful toddler. She wont want you to hold her, touch her, and she is most likely to be overwhelmed in our new home for her. It will take a few days for her to settle in. We will keep her home as much as possible early on, to get her feeling secure and safe. When you see her, please do not expect her to let you hold her. She probably may not even look at you. She is very grumpy at present, and will need lots of love and time. She wont even walk without screaming, because she only wants to be held. Be patient with Riley. He thinks he is one of her parents, and has repeatedly informed us of how to hold her, care for her and gets her from us, because he knows what she needs. He will have to transition to big brother, since he has been like a 3rd parent to her here in China. So if he is a little territorial and bossy, forgive him. He will move on soon to his video games and computer. I do hope June will let her Dad in soon, because my neck and back are killing me. We hope we all survive the 24plus hours home, nonstop except for layovers 5 hrs at a time. Cant wait to see you all.
I guess I'll have to rename the blog title. No longer is one daughter waiting in China. I will forever miss the daughter waiting in heaven. She will not ever be replaced or forgotten. Two different girls, one mom and dad who love them eternally. How can we ever be the same again?
Love to all,
The Texas bound Foursome

10 comments:

Mom2Three said...

What a wonderful trip.
I have so enjoyed watching it unfold. You have such a beautiful family -- and you will never be the same, and that's okay!!

I hope June learns to love her Daddy soon. She is going through so much right now!
Peace from Oregon,
Cynthia
underthemistymountain.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I am sure that June will learn to love her daddy and cherish her new family. I know it has been tough. Each child seems to react so differently to the change. I am praying for peace for June's heart.
Hugs-Karen
www.mom2my4.com

Lou Ann said...

I have so enjoyed reading and seeing pictures that describe what ya'll are going through. June will love it too some day. We are praying for her to fall in love with Curtis soon. I know how hard that is on him. I'm so glad Riley got to go. He will never forget it. Let us know when we can come meet June. Love ya, Lou Ann & Terry

Jennifer said...

Cindy, you're doing great. Let me know if you need anything on your layover in Seattle--the airport's about 15 minutes from my house. I"d be happy to stop over! My email is jennkass@aol.com and my home phone is 425-226-2114.

Only a little longer...

Blessings,

Jennifer K
fellow CHI mom (Tucker, list 19, home 5/21/08)
www.kassebaumfamily.blogspot.com

Kam said...

Hi Dr. Robbins, I'm sure you wouldn't remember me...I was a scrub tech at Harris in the late '90's. I scrubbed I don't know how many sections with you and assisted on many deliveries as well. We were in Fort Worth for my husband's Master's Degree from SWBTS. We now live just north of Atlanta where he is a youth/college pastor. Anyway, Jennifer Timmerman and I remain great friends and she shared your site with me today b/c we have been praying for a year now about international adoption. We have just last week began our home study. So we are babies to the process but I wanted to drop you a line and let you know that we are praying for you and your safe return home. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your honesty and ability to be real in your circumstances. I will continue to pray for your family and for June and will trust Him to meet every need on your behalf in these days. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. And most of all...for trading the tiny story about you for the Great Story of God! May He be pleased with your heart.
Because He Came,
Kam Roberts
http://jasonandkamroberts.site.shutterfly.com/

Live2Play said...

What an absolute sweet, beautiful, angelic, (I can go on.....) little girl. I am so happy to have a new cousin. Tell Riley I am so proud of him for taking his big brotherhood so seriously, he is just wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed following your journey, now I will have to journey to TX to meet June Lee in person.

megan said...

Dear Cindy,
I have been travelling with you in my heart. I have loved the photos and have been excited to know you are home at long last. We love you and are praying for you, and for sleep. No doubt that Mia is rejoicing in heaven for this addition to the family. We love you for your strength and courage in Christ. megan

dana said...

Cindy, I'm so excited about the new baby God has given you and your family. I would love to meet her when she has settled in a bit. June is so blessed, just as Mia was to have such a loving family that will give her more than one could imagine. I'm so proud for you all!

Dana Crow

Tony said...

Hey Cindy and Curtis,

Wow, what an experience! As of this writing you have been home for nearly five days, and I hope each day is better little by little. My parents and I have been following your blogsite each day from our Kauai abode, and we cannot wait to finally meet June. I am still hoping for a family reunion next year--that would be perfect to meet her and for you to meet our little Annie.
Praying for a quick transition from the present stage to the part-of-the-family stage. God bless,
Tony Albertoni

Jessica Carlisle said...

Cindy,
I am so happy that you found June. You and your family are such blessing to so many people. What you are doing for June and what you done for Mia is so awesome. I am so thankful for what you done for my family. June is so blessed to have you for a mom. Iam praying that everthing goes well for you all. You are truely a blessing to so many people.
Love,
Jessica Carlisle