Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Home






















Well, we have been home almost 2 weeks and I cannot believe how amazing our sweet little girl is. She has adjusted like a dream. She walks all over the house, explores, runs and laughs out loud all the time. She loves the 3 boys, and still thinks Riley is her 3rd parent. He is so rough with her, and she loves it. We , in turn, are so gentle with her and she is such a gentle little soul. Someone taught her to trust, and it is so evident in that she let us in so quickly. She is not afraid anymore, and loves us so much. I have had so much fun watching the fear leave, and the laughter begin. Our hearts were so prepared for her, and hers for us. Thank you God.






I will never forget coming into the baggage area at midnight on our trip home from China. There standing were Tyler and Jordan. The look in their eyes when they saw her will always stay with me. Two big old boys, men actually, who were standing there holding a big stuffed rabbit, had faces that immediately softened, their eyes slightly opened, and they had an amazing look of love for her when they saw her. There is no way to explain what love I saw, for her and us. Not everyone can love a child immediatly . Not every family can bring in a child and feel like she has always been there. We can. And I am so very glad we did.






Isnt she magnificent?

10 comments:

Marcy said...

Oh Cindy...you have me in tears reading about your "big boys" at the airport. June looks amazing. So happy that she is transitioning well. Love the "flower" on her head too ;-)

Marcy in KY

Jackie said...

Cindy,

I'm sure you don't know me, but I have been following your story for months now and it never ceases to amaze me that Our Father could instill in us the ability to love those we've never met, and I've got to tell you......I have fallen in love with your family. June looks like she has always belonged and when you think about it, she has right from the beginning of her little life. God saw to that; didn't he?

Jackie in PA

Karrie said...

Cindy she is just wonderful.
I'm so happy for all of you.
What lucky big brothers to find such joy in there little sister!!!
Thank you for sharing her with us.

Karrie in IN

LJ said...

I'm in tears now after reading about your sons' reaction at the airport. What a priceless memory for you! You have a beautiful family.

Unknown said...

Cindy,
June is just gloriously perfect. So glad to see an update on your blog.

Sharon

Tony said...

Hey Cindy,

It sounds like your little dolly is adjusting much quicker than any of us expected--so grateful for that. Annie took about two weeks to stop crying all night because she wanted to be up instead in bed. I was so weary at the office for a few days that more than once I was ready to bring her back to the orphanage-ha!

We rejoice with you at this little bundle of joy God has brought into all your lives, and we cannot wait to meet her.
Tony Albertoni

Betty Lou said...

Cindy and Family,
June Lee looks like she has adjusted well and is settling right at home. If she hasn't warmed up to Curtis as of yet she will when you return to work. She will be dependent upon him and will soon learn he is her protector during that time. She is absolutely beautiful, with a winning smile. I know God has blessed your family and will continue to watch over "The Waters Clan". We also am looking forward to the family reunion to meet our new Great Neice. CJ is also looking forward to the reunion and hopes it will be in Texas.

Betty and Jim

Ruth said...

I came across your blog by chance...I read all of your blogs since January and was brought to tears several times...May God richly bless your family and little June.

The Caldwells said...

Dr. Cindy--I can't express how ecstatic I am for you!! My Grama sent me this link to your blog... I just read all of it. I laughed, cried, and praised God for all He has done thru you. I look at Nathan and thank you for giving me the best experience of being a first time Mom. You are a wonderful person and oh how I wished you were here when Micah was born ;) haha! I'll be back often to see how June is growing. She's absolutely beautiful... what a ride you've all been on and I'm so proud to know you.

Krista (Wiese) Caldwell
(ps--we keep a blog too... when you can/want you can keep up with us too)

Kristin Davenport said...

Hi Dr. Robbins,

Its me Kristin. I am so happy for your family. June is so beautiful. I love the picture of her in the sink, she looks so happy, Its because she has such a wonderful MOMMY!!!!! I know right now she probally doesnt know that but she soon will.

All my love,

Kristin Davenport