Friday, May 2, 2008

Letter of Acceptance for Us Finally!!!!!

Finally, today on day 108 of our wait for LOA, we got it!! This basically means that China says that our new daughter is ours, and this is final. But after what we have gone thru to get here, we also hear all kinds of other things in this acceptance that most never see or feel. We hear from them that they do not hold us responsible for the loss of our first daughter from China. Their questions were very blunt and pointed. And they must have felt our answers were adequate. We hear from this Loa that we are the right family for this new beautiful little girl. We also "hear" from this LOA that we are the ones to be entrusted to love her, raise her and stand on the sidelines and cheer her on in life. My parents have always been my rock in times of need, and we get to be one more child's rock. There is a certainly a feeling of being humbled when you realize that you will soon be handed a small child who has already been thru so much loss in her life. She will have gone thru more pain, saddness and lonliness at her young age than many know in a lifetime. But God in his perfect knowledge has given her to us. Not because we are perfect parents, because heaven knows we arent. But I believe he looked at her and said "those who know loss should be parented by those who have endured loss". She will be loved and cherished forever by us. I pledge to spoil her rotten as I have my other children. I promise to stand by her and cheer her on in life and to be her rock. I hope when she is older and survives her teen years with me(heaven help us both) she looks at me as I do my mother and says "if I could only be more like you".
Sleep well Miss June Lee. From this night on you officially have a mommy, daddy, and family. And with us, a forever family that will help you face life, as you help us face our life. The two things together have gotta be a match made in heaven. I do think heaven is rejoicing with us tonight. Thanks be to our God for allowing us to love a new child again.

10 comments:

Angel said...

SOOOOO HAPPY!!!! Angel

Mom 2 six said...

What a blessing to get your LOA. I am happy for you and your family.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I know you don't know who I am but I do follow your blog. I am crying happy tears for you. Your story has touched my heart and I am so happy that you are able to bring your baby girl home. Happy LOA!!!!

Cindy said...

A big congrats on LOA. You have a heartful and your post touched me. I know in June little June will be home!

Shannon said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to follow your journey to China! Many Blessings!

Rebel said...

I have been waiting for this wonderful news! I am so happy for you, your family, and your new daughter!

Lily's Pad said...

This is wonderful news! I have been checking back since your last post and was so happy to hear the news. What a blessing for you all1

Mary

megan said...

Dearest CIndy, I am elated and worship the Lord and for His throne of grace. You deserve this! megan

Betty Lou said...

I am so happy for you and your family for your LOA. Have a safe trip to China in June. I am looking forward to meeting my new great-neice. Betty

Blessed Family said...

I can't wait to follow your journey. You deserve such great happiness. I hope you all have a great trip. Heidi Z.(from Chi board)