Monday, August 18, 2008

Off To College





























Where did the last 19 years go? I tenderly held my blonde headed-blue eyed little baby son close to me and imagined his life. I had so many plans for him. So many dreams. But I didnt even dream as well, or aim as high as he has gone so far. My son Tyler was taken to college this weekend and tucked into his dorm. As I moved him in, I held back the tears. Tears of pride, tears for the gratitude I feel for watching a young man become the man I imagined him to be. He is talented, kind, smart and loving. He is the first to proudly declare himself a "momma's boy". He has shared things with me that would make other mother's envious. I know his heart, and it is good. He is not a perfect person, but a person who gives back to this world. I am so proud of him. As I let go, and let him become his own man, I know he knows there is a crazy old momma at home who has unconditional love for him. A momma who watches him now from afar with admiration and joy. I am a better person because he was given to me.







But it is so hard to let them go. Here are a few pics of us moving him into Texas Christian University (TCU). And, oh my, the dorms are still awful.














2 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations to Tyler!! And I am so excited to see Curtis holding June!! Hope everything is going well!!

Amy in Arizona

The Caldwells said...

I can't believe how time flies! College already?!?