Monday, June 23, 2008

Pictures Say A Thousand Words

Just a short note to let you know we have the fairy princess. I am not exaggerating when I say she is the most beautiful child in the world. She has the largest eyes and longest eyelashes you can imagine. Her skin is fairer than mine(and that is fair). She is tiny and I doubt weighs the 19 lbs they say. I say more like 15. I am thinking the 9 months sizes I brought will fit her. She has alternated between wide eyed fear and wimpering and it just breaks my heart to see her grieve and be afraid. We have had her about 3 hrs, and she has slept much of this. She did let me hold and snuggle her close as she cried. Riley cried and cried today with all the civil affairs activities. There was a 4 year old being given to a family with our group who screamed for her foster mom the entire time. He couldnt stand all the babies crying and he felt so sad for them all. That is my soft hearted little baseball jock boy. Just how I like them. June is precious beyond all our wildest dreams and as i held her while she slept, I felt the weight of the world lift. Of course you all know I cant end it without telling you that they brought all the babies in but ours. No one knew where our baby was and they had not arrived from the orphanage. So as we waited, I was group video and picture taker. I did ok but after quite a while of not knowing what the problem was, I got pretty panicky. But she arrived, late as usual for our family, making her grand enterance into the room and into our hearts. Thank you God for your amazing Gift.
I will post more tomorrow. I am pretty drained tonight.
Love,
cindy curtis riley and JUNE!!!!!

8 comments:

The Lucky Ones said...

Oh Cindy! What a beautiful day and what an extraordinarily beautiful child. And your description of Riley just did me in -- as a new mom to a boy (I'm part of the May CHI group), you hit the nail on the head for how I want my son to be someday: strong enough to be tender.

Many congratulations on this emotionally-charged journey of blessings.

Melissa
Lucky Mama to Kate and Addison
www.luckymama.blogspot.com

Amy said...

I'm so happy to see your post. What a beautiful family you have! June is gorgeous!! I can't wait to read more during the rest of your trip!! Amy in Arizona

Desiree' said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful. So glad you finally have her in your arms.

Shannon said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations on your new blessing. My prayers are with you all as you get to know her, and she you!

P&M said...

Oh my goodness, Cindy!! She is GORGEOUS!!!! I can't believe that they didn't bring her in at first. Nothing can just be easy with this for you can it?!? What a reward at the end of your long wait, though! I can't wait to meet her!!! What a tiny, precious princess! I love the pictures, you can just see the joy and relief in your eyes and Riley looks so happy. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Angie said...

June is just beautiful! We will keep praying for her little heart as she gets used to all that is new in her life. I think I see a little tear rolling down her nose in the last picture- hang in there baby girl- you are in for a wonderful love-filled life!

Angie

Nikki said...

Cindy,
What a wonderful day for you and your family! June is beautiful and you look so happy. Bless poor Riley. It is so hard to see the children grieving...but give it a few days and watch the amazing changes! May God Bless your new daughter. I look forward to following the rest of your journey. I already miss China.
Michele H
www.journeytosebastian.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Ooooooooh, Cindy!!! What a joyous day!!! June is gorgeous. The waiting is finally over. Praise God!

Riley sounds like a perfect fellow and much like my 10 year old son. He cried in China too when he saw many things he felt were not fair. What a wonderful young man Riley is.

Hugs and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Sharon
Mom to two Guangxi girls!
Brinley & Bailey
www.ourfamilyourstory.com