Monday, June 30, 2008

Safari Park Guanghzou







We visited the safari zoo yesterday and it is a beautiful botanical type zoo. You ride in a little tram thru part of the park and watch the animals as in an african safari. Half way thru the day, at the furthest part of the park , on foot, we got caught in a torrential downpour. Rained and Rained. June was a trouper but after we were all soaking and cold, she got a little miffed. She must have throught "The amazon people have taken me home to the rain forest". Riley enjoyed it all, and liked the rain the most. I will have to censor Curtis's general feelings about the day. LOL. PS: June still HATES him. With a passion. He is trying to act like he is ok and understands, but I think it is wearing on him. Me too, since that leaves me doing everything for her. And when she gets upset and cries(which is alot) she now screams for MOMMA at the top of her lungs. And I am not the momma she is crying for. She misses her nannies at the orphanage and her stable world. It is so very hard to hear. Breaks my heart, really. I pray she will soon find some peace. The process for her has been very heartbreaking. I feel like a kidnapper.



One more day, then we leave for home.



cindy

4 comments:

P&M said...

I love the "drippy" picture of your guys!!! Phil and I had the same thing happen to us in Korea, but thankfully, we didn't have Zach with us yet!
I know that you know this but adoption is part of God's plan for June's life and you are her family. I know how you're feeling though, I've totally been there. For weeks, Zach would scream falling asleep, finally lay his head down on me, lift it up and scream some more as he looked at me and saw that I wasn't Halmoni or Omma. Heartbreaking.
I'm praying that June will quickly accept Curtis and give both of you a little break!!

Marni

Ellen said...

Well, it looks like Riley is having fun.
Tell Curtis to hang in there. He is one of the most kind and gentle people I know and in June's time and in Gods time she will fall incredibly in love with him.
Cindy, I can't imaging how overwhelming it all is for you but just from what I can tell you are doing great. It must make everything harder because she only wants you but just remember that sooner rather than later her memories of the people there and her ophanage will dim and new memories of you,Curtis,Riley,Tyler and Jordan will flood her heart and she will be so proud to have YOU as HER family. I can't wait to meet your precious gift from God. Love ya'll
Ellen

Joyce said...

Cindy, I just love your postings! It is great to be part of your journey of joy (or terror as it may seem at the time). I am so glad you decided to take Riley with you. That was a very wise decision and I know he will be a very awesome big brother...he already is! Hug Curtis for us and let him know we have no doubt that little June will one day melt in his arms. He is such a sweetheart. I know this must all be so trying. A few extra years in our life make a big difference in our endurance, but those sweet babies in our life at an older age keeps us younger. They are our fountain of youth. I love that you even have that "momma" glow. I know when June gets to her new home, she will settle in and start to really enjoy the wonderful new life the Lord has blessed her with. She doesn't feel blessed YET, but she will. He has a great plan for little June's life, she just has to make it through a few more valleys. You, too. But it won't be long before you get to hear those little happy feet running to meet Mommy at the door with her grins going from ear to ear. We can't wait to see you all!
Our prayers continue for you daily.
Love to you all...
Joyce

Karen said...

I must have missed the Safari Park. I never heard of it, but it sounds like fun! The pictures of June turned around in her chair are precious. She will come around soon and this trouble will be a distant memory.
Hugs, Karen
www.mom2my4.com