Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June in June

We are getting close to the date we leave for China. We leave 6/19 at 6:35 pm. We will go to Seattle WA, spend the night, then on to Beijing, layover 5 hrs, and on to Nanning. We get there 6/22 at 1:30 am. Whew! I usually need to be getting paid well to be up at this time of night. We are very excited, but slighly stressed and nervous at the same time. Riley will be traveling with us. I am now wondering what Miss June's personality will be like. I know she will look at 6ft1 inch tall Curtis, 5 ft 8 inch me, and 10 year old Riley who is as big as most adult Chinese males and wonder when the giants landed! We will look like the amazon people to her. She is so very tiny in the photos we have of her and I am sure we will scare her. Heck, we scare me! So, it will be fun to see how she is, meet her, learn of her personality. I expect she will grieve alot, be scared, and most likely whack us upside the head some. But she will learn to love us. Because we first loved her. I dont think anyone who hasnt done an international adoption can understand how you can fall in love with a child in a picture. But you can. Mainly because you love the thought of another child. But because we believe in committment. When we sent in Letter of Intent for her, we were committed to her. She is one child who we can love and help have a better life. We love her because we committed her into our family. And for us, family is everything. So for better or worse sweet June, you are ours. We have committed. Someday the feeling will be mutual. Someday. However, WE ARE SOON LEAVING ON A JET PLANE. DONT KNOW WHEN I'LL BE BACK AGAIN. (well actually 7/2).
Follow us to China. We will post there and send pictures and hopefully little video clips.
Love to you all,
cindy

10 comments:

Ruth said...

Glad you are almost on your way to your sweet girl!! We will be right behind you - leaving 6/26.

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

Hi Cindy,
How exciting that you are getting so close! YAY! We are leaving Saturday morning and we are also picking up our child in Nanning. I hear it is a beautiful city so I can't wait to see it! We are taking our 11 year old son with us and I'm sure he will be in awe, as will your Riley!

Have a safe and wonderful trip! Wishing you all the best with June.

Tammy MacKinnon
Prince Edward Island, Canada

P&M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
P&M said...

I can't wait to follow your blog while you are in China! I'm so excited that you are finally getting to travel (IN ONE WEEK)!!!!! I'm bummed for you that your oldest boys can't go but I'm sure they'll be exited to meet their new sister when you get home.

Marni

Nikki said...

Cindy and family,
I have been following your blog for only a short time and I am in awe of you and your family. I pray that God blesses you on your next adoption journey. There is nothing like that moment you first hold your precious baby girl. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us. We just got back this past February with our second child from china. June is beautiful! Have a wonderful trip!
Michele H

Tony said...

Hey Cindy,

Well, about time!!!!!!! I will be checking in on your blog everyday to follow your trip. I know it will be a great one and that by the time you are back, June will be just as in love with you. She may not feel that way for the first couple of days (as we experienced with Annie), but it comes soon enough and then you have your daughter who will love you desperately. Man, I'm happy for you and your family. Have a great trip!

Tony Albertoni

My2Blessings said...

Hi Cindy,

I found you on the CHI yahoo group and wanted you to know that we have a wonderful 6 year old son named Luke from Nanning SWI that came home May 20, 2004 just after his 2nd birthday. It was a wonderful experience, lots of great things to see in Nanning.
I'm always excited to hear about other families bringing children home from the same city. If you want to correspond once you're home, that would be great! Look forward to reliving our experience through your trip :) Godspeed to your June and much happiness!

Debbie
snugbug557@aol.com

Psalm139verse14 said...

HOORAY!! We are so excited for you and will be praying for June to have peace in her sweet little heart.
Blessings,
the Skaggs family

Angel said...

SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! It's your turn. WOOOHOOOO! :0) Angel

tumbleintodreams said...

This room is a dream!!! I can't wait to see your daughter playing in it. have a great trip. sherri, cami's mom